samedi 28 février 2015

[Q]Need help flashing CM12 on XM SS topic






After countless hours of searching over all related posts I am still confused and pretty much intimidated on the flashing aspect. From all my searching expeditions till now I managed to outline some of the points but I don't know how to move forward with them. Also I am concerned with the possibilities of getting the device unresponsive just because of my stupidity, want to gain full knowledge before going forward with the process.

So as per my findings, for installing a CFW like CM12, I require the following things,
1. Unlocked Bootloader.
The Bootloader on my XM SS can be unlocked, I did a check on that but the thing that's bugging me is the occurrence of bootloop.
Question for this point: What is the proper method to unlock the bootloader?

2. Rooted phone.
This is the step that has confused me from the beginning. Some posts mention that rooting is essential requirement to get a fully functional CFW and in some posts there is a not a single mention for the requirement of a rooted phone.
Question for this point: Is rooting essential? What is the best step by step method that you use to root your device?

3. Back up data.
I read somewhere that unlocking the bootloader erases some of the important information like the IMEI number, DRM keys and other important stuff? Also the importance of backing up data like contacts and other stuff externally.
Question for this point: How to do a proper backup? How to go on backing up contacts, whatsapp databases etc?

4. Installing a custom recovery?
Honestly I am totally confused with this topic. What does custom recovery actually do? Best custom recover for CM12?
Question for this point: How to select and install a custom recovery?

5. Adb, Fastboot drivers.
Is it essential to actually download the full adb package that google provides to develop android apps? And are fastboot drivers available for windows 8.1? Will the phone management software provided by Sony work as a driver?
Question for this point: ADB, Fastboot driver installation?

6. Flashing the CM12.
The most important step in the whole process? How to go on with this step so as to successfully flash the firmware? Restoring the backed up data?
Question for this point: Steps to properly flash the CM12?

7. Link2SD, App2SD?
Which one will you suggest and how to go on installing it?

I know that most of you will find it bothersome to answer so many questions in a single go but I intend this topic to be a guiding thread for noobs like me who are beginners that want to flash some CFW on their devices.
So all the posts that you make are really appreciated! Please link in the posts that you think will answer the questions in layman terms for everyone to understand.

Thanks for taking your time to read this thread :):o
Have a good day! :cowboy::fingers-crossed:






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire