samedi 28 février 2015

Nexus 9 Pairing with Folio Keyboard topic






I'm finding the pairing of the Folio Keyboard with my Nexus 9 to be problematic. I'm not sure if this is because there's an issue with NFC on either device or I'm just doing it wrong.

Pairing the keyboard using only bluetooth works but needs to be triggered by selecting the already paired with keyboard in bluetooth settings and can take 10s of seconds before it is connected. I expected that the keyboard would connect as soon as it came in range of the NFC chip, but it doesn't. I think NFC at least partially works as the keyboard is detected by the tablet as a trusted device via NFC. When I follow the directions to pair the keyboard via NFC by placing the tablet on it in the right manner it does not pair though I hear a tone when the doing it, that doesn't happen when I change the orientation of the tablet. From this I conclude that the NFC hardware works but something in my use of it, the configuration of the tablet or a system bug is stopping it working properly.

1) Is it a reasonable expectation that I can be expect once pairing has been completed that placing the tablet on the keyboard will be recognised by NFC without having to lay the tablet in the manner described in keyboard documentation?
2) Assuming the desired outcome as described above is possible will this trigger the tablet to turn on bluetooth (if it is turned off) or is it necessry for bluetooth to be either manually turned on, left on or find some other mechanism that triggers bluetooth to be turned on in order to connect the keyboard?
3) Is it a reasonable expectation that keyboard and tablet to be quickly connected (in a second or so) via bluetooth?






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire