dimanche 1 mars 2015

MiniDLNA/BubbleUPNP/Chromecast topic






Hi All,

I've build myself a new NAS on the HP Proliant Microserver platform, wanted to replace my ageing Netgear ReadyNAS with something a little more modern. Thus far I have CentOS 7 installed with a 4TB Raid10 volume for my media, MiniDLNA as the media server and BubbleUPNP for on-the-fly transcoding. The specs of the Microserver are relatively meager with a dual core Celeron (2.3GHz) and 4GB RAM.

I had hoped that this would be sufficient for any on-the-fly transcoding has I have old video of the kids etc on .AVI taken with a handycam.

Films play fine on the Chromecast as no transcoding is needed, but when I play AVI I've noted that the playback is stuttery. I've also noticed that the old footage taken on the handycam will not play at all. BubbleUPNP says that it is playing and counts down the time ... but all I get on my renderer is a black screen.

OS: CentOS 7
MiniDNLA: v1.1.4
BubbleUPNP: v0.8.2

Questions:

Should the hardware spec of my Microserver not be enough for transcoding on-the-fly from AVI?

Any clues as to why the handycam video does not play. I get no errors from BubbleUPNP ... just a black screen on the TV (Sony KDL-46EX653)

Cheers,
Ripface.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire